Pop Quiz for Cathy Black:
(Turn off your Blackberry; no help from Deputy Chancellors)
- Who was Paul Robeson?
- After your experience on the Coca-Cola Board of Directors, can you tell us what death squads do?
- Name two people you know personally whose children go to public school.
- What was the Supreme Court decision on Brown v. Board of Education?
- Recent studies show that the following raise student test scores:
- closing schools
- small schools
- charter schools
- tying teachers’ pay to students test scores
- all of the above
- none of the above
- What is the graduation rate of Jamaica High School students compared to the city average?
- Where is The Bronx?
- How much did IBM pay Joel Klein to give them the Paul Robeson HS building?
- I took the job as school chancellor because of
- The need for increased birth control
- I was faced with Sophie’s Choice
- It’s a dirty job, but somebody’s got to do it
- All my friends on the cocktail circuit were starting charter schools, so I decided to one-up them
10. Excluding blacks and Jews from the country club where you rode horses
was legal under:
a. The Dred Scott decision
b. Numerus Clausus of German universities adopted by Harvard and Columbia in the 1920s
c. A corollary of the “freedom of conscience” doctrine espoused by Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas
d. Who cares? My country club buddies make the law
Easy extra credit question: How many players are there on a polo team?